Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Toys Banned from Happy Meals


Santa Clara County has decided to ban toys from accompanying meals if they do not meet certain nutritional standards. The driving idea behind this new law is to disassociate toys from the high fat, high caloric meals for children.

It was interesting that the McDonald's spokesperson stated that the happy meal provided "important nutrients that children need." I know that when I was a child I (unsuccessfully) begged my parents for Happy Meals *just* for the toys-- but my parents knew I could get more nutrients from home-made meals without the calories, sodium or fat.
I hope this is a new wave that will start to be implemented in other counties.


http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/28/business/28mcdonalds.html?scp=1&sq=Toy%20ban%20fast%20food&st=cse

No comments:

Post a Comment